Wednesday 1 November 2017

Magnolia-licious DT - I Believe in Unicorns

Good morning!  Today I'd like to share another card for my inspiration post on the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  This one is a card I made for my daughter to give her friend who loves unicorns.
 Of course, I had to use the cute little Unicorn stamp and matching sentiment!  I have painted the unicorn with Distress Inks, cut it out and popped it onto 3D foam pads.  I have also painted the mane, tail and horn with a Wink of Stella brush for extra sparkle.
 The butterflies were cut from some Webster's pages paper and the tiny purple flowers I have made from Foamiran.
 I used the same distress inks that I used to paint the mane and tail of the image to dye white seam binding so that I could make a unicorn tail tassle for the tag!
The tassle is attached to the tag with a single white rose.
 I used a variety of flowers in rainbow colours on the other side of the image to balance with the tassle.
 While I was rummaging for flowers to use I found this stray Christmas leaf which I thought looked a little like a unicorn horn - so I added that too!  The pretty star border is a Doohickey die from one of the kits.
 On the heart tag I have added a winged heart charm with some button twine.
 I have also added some cheesecloth and a strip of diamante trim for extra sparkle.
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us for our challenge at Magnolia-licious.  Pop over to the blog to see some more inspiration from the rest of the team!  Thanks for looking! x

 

2 comments:

The Craft Bucket said...

Just gorgeous, I love it. Jane x

Candy said...

Super cute card, Jane! Love all the coloured ribbons.
Thank you for all of your hard work for Magnolia-licious.
Big Hugs, Candy xoxoxo